Thursday, February 4, 2010

Slowing to a Trot

Well the semester is in full swing now and the work load is mounting. I would be lying if I said I was paying the amount of attention I should be to pony-build. Finding the time between full time student and full time employee at a busy IT consulting firm (which is staffed by myself and one other person) to devote to pb is rather difficult. What little time I have found to work on pb related stuff has been used to work on the following.

1)Make it so, if the cache_dir(~/.pony-build) does not exist, create it and do some initial repo checkouts.
  • The whole point of the cache_dir is to remove the need to continuously checkout data from a public repo. Once the first initial co is done we can just grab the deltas int he future, then use the local cache for our building needs and checkouts.
  • So there has been a few iterations that you can look through at : mkdir Started out doing the creation inside the different "Clone" classes. We will now move to just calling on a function that will check for and do whatever needs to be doen to make sure cache_dir is there. This way inside the classes we can just check for the repo dirs and either update or create. This cut down on the code needed inside the classes significantly.
I am hoping to get SVN and HG working with this implementation over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment